Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password to get to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyLDB

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
US
Is their a way to set a password required for internet access for ISA? I have multiple users utilizing a single computer? I don't want them to have the need to log off/log on to windows to occomplish this. When the click on the IE icon - I would like it to prompt them for a user name/password.

Also, is it possible to track the sites each user visits under ISA?

I should have stated that we are using SBS 2003 premium - and that this computer authenticates through this SBS 2003 server.

The firewall client uses the credientials of the user that logged in, therefore you would have to log off to prevent this through ISA.

A work around is to have an application that they have to launch and IE runs within it. You could seperate the users that way. Only problem is that they would be able to circumvent it relatively easily.

They can do "run as" to open IE
Check your weblog file.

Hi FLyboy,

I take it this is using ISA 2004?

If you click on Configurations > Networks and RIGHT CLICK on Internal network, SELECT PROPERTIES a properties window will appear.

In here you can configure a PROXY SERVER (use ISA as a proxy)...there should be an authentication option which means you can turn on authentication on a per user basis if you specify proxy settings in IE.

Good LUck!!

Mike Firth

Michael Firth
Network Infrastructure Officer

~If it's not broke, break it and LEARN~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back