Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password stopped working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
Has anyone experienced a password getting lost or corrupted on a system? I have an IPO that no longer accepts its password. I am the only one who accesses it. It was a complex password so nobody could guess what it was.

This often happens when downgrading from R9, only a security reset gets you back in :)

I was preparing to upgrade from 9.0.3 to 9.0.4 when it happened. Also, at the same time they reported issues with voicemail messages getting clipped.

Just use the security administrator password to access the security configuration and change your password.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

OK, but it kind of is unnerving not knowing how it happened.

Anyone else have access to the system and was/is the security pwd default?
I'd take a look in the audit trails if I were you.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

And look in the audit trail to see if anyone changed it and get paranoid about what other accounts are not secure.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Nope, just myself. I do use the same password per install but I typically never share it unless I am asked for it by a manager.

So the pwd is not safe than. If a customer needs access, I create a separate account.

Look in the trails...

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I will. But I can rule out anyone getting the password. For one thing this is a doctors office and none of the nurses care to begin with. And the admin is too busy dealing with Medicare to want to play jr. hacker. Plus they would have to hack into the server to run Manager. I think I can say without doubt that nobody did this intentionally.

Then magic has occured:)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Is the ipo exposed to the internet? If so, it is only a matter of time before someone bruteforces the password

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Not magic. Look I know what you are all saying; these things just do not happen on their own. But I did not change the password. Nobody there has it. I do all the management on their server running Manager. The password is 10 characters consisting of caps, lowercase and special characters like & and @. Then there is the server password which is about the same complexity. I will console in and reset it tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Magic, like in IPO caused it.
Could be the upgrade, but I've only seen it on downgrades so far.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

when you create a new admin user does the password not have an expiry check box?

Came to think of a couple of things.

- Could it be a faulty network? The IPO shows up in discovery, but the login fails, right?
- Have you reinstalled Manager?
- You get into SSA, so that Account works. Is that the same as you use for Manager?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Update: it appears the unit is not rejecting the password it is locking out the Administrator user. I can log into system status using the same password as Administrator.

Then go into the Security settings and make a new password for the Administrator, and check if there is a expiry on that account (it shouldn't be).

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I can get into System Status, not Manager. It appears that somebody did try to login unsuccessfully too many times and now the account is locked out. Audit trail reveals nothing.

Security settings.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back