Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Request in Automated Process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edfollett

Programmer
Nov 15, 2004
GB
Hey all,

I have an automated process which is running everyday and takes roughly 30 mins to run. Every so often it stops and requests a Password to be entered. This is NOT a feature of the code.

Has any body experienced such a problem before? What was the cause???

we are using DB2 as the datasource and we use an ODBC connection to connect to the database. Any Ideas would be very useful!

Many thanks

Ed

Hi,

Check out in the Database Profile Setup window

go to Options tab.... u can figure out a field as Connect Type

Change the Connect type to SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT

This should sort out your problem

Anjali

thanks! i will try this but this problem doesnt happen every time the process is run so i dont know if it is something wrong with anything else!

The process it self has a connection string which has a password hard coded in so that it simply connects and then runs! Can DB2 loose the connection while beig used? or could it simply forget the stored password at that point and request another!

The code itself doesnt alter either of these two but i wasnt sure if it was a knock on affect of the process!

Problably the DB2 connection has a timeout.
Most problably, your process have different execute times for different reasons (network traffic, processor distribution, code processing,...), in different days.
You should check the database parameters.
One solution is change those, or set a timer in the code and refresh the database connection when the process time reach near the database timeout time.

Hope that I could help

Greetings
J. Cura

ok thanks for that. Now sorry to be a pain but how exactly would i go about setting a timer up within powerbuilder. I am quite new and havent any experiences with a timer. Any help or guidance would be great!

PS Do you know of any good sites on the internet for Powerbuilder. This was the only decent forum i could find for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back