Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Recovery Procedure - Super Stack II 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

49merc

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
US
There are various threads out there regarding password recovery for the SSII 3000. I found useful bits here and there and I thought I would consolidate it into 1 thread for everyone's benefit.

1. Go to ftp.3com.com and download the latest firmware.

2. Turn the switch on and hold down the reset switch next to the power outlet on the back of the switch.

3. This will bring up the software upgrade utility. Hit 'H' for help and put in all your IP info and the firmware file name.

4. When the upgrade is done the switch will reboot and the Admin password will be rest to the default of blank.

5. Login with user: admin pw: (blank) and select 'Initialize'. The switch will reboot and it will not reset your IP address but all your userids and passwords will be reset to the defaults. admin (blank), security security, manager manager, monitor monitor.

6. Now you can finally start using that switch you bought on ebay.

This took me all night long scouring various forums to come up with this info and I hope it helps others out there.

If u read my post u can do the easy way.

thread545-555357 is the link

I tried that userid in addition to all the others I found in various threads and they didn't work. However, I have found it to work in some switches. Its good to know all the options. The one posted above will work in ALL instances regardless.

I have no reset switch in my 3300 :( What in that case???

Hi !

Still I got similar probs ...

I´ve an 3com Superstack II 9300 2-LX/10-SX (3C93011) SWITCH.

My Problem is: I could not login to reconfigure. My pal is walk out around the world and the 3com-support is over, because the machine was bought from 2001, and it´s to old since registration (just 2-year-free-support-help).
They gave me the offer to pay lot of money for help me here. - No thanks ! I haven´t !

Here are all my tried backdoors w/o effect (used serial-console):

adm/(none)
admin/synnet
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
admin/nopass
debug/synnet
write/synnet

... always "incorrect password" !
--------------
and:

root/(blank)
root/manger
security/(blank)
security/security
manager/manager
recover/recover
tech/tech
monitor/monitor
3comcso/RIP000
force/force

... always ".. is not a valid access level"

and here is NO reset-button on my machine ...

Maybe anyone got a quick idea ?! The delivered handbooks (the customer+admin handbooks) have no details for this case...

Does anyone have any idea or answer ?!

Greetings,

Phil (cloonie)

I am trying to upgrade the firmware in order to reset the usernames and passwords but I cannot get my switch to talk to my computer. It works fine with multiple computers as a standard switch. Should you be able to ping the IP address of your Superstack 3000? I cannot.

Superstack 3000 II config:

Device Configuration:-

Network port IP address: 10.0.0.10
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Default gateway: 10.0.0.1

Software Upgrade Configuration:-

Software image file: LS3K3_23.SLX
Software server address: 10.0.0.1
Status of last upgrade attempt: 8 (No response from load server)

My local computer is configured with the IP of 10.0.0.1 and I am using winagents TFTP server. I keep getting a (No response from load server) error. Is there a way to test your TFTP server to be sure it is active? any suggestions or comments would be appriciated....Thanks

Eric
ericandrews@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back