Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password recovery for summit 48 ... again 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

noesclavo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
hi all, i've got a used summit48 switch with a lost password.
i've tried the BootROM / 1 / k / d / f ... no luck.
does anyone know of another way.

help is greatly appreciated.

-miles

Connect via the console port, hold down the space bar and power up.
This gives you a boot rom menu.
Type ? or help for options.

I'm having the spme problem but hitting 'd' while connected to the BootROM after holding down the spacebar on bootup does not reset the switch as it seems it should. Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong comms software? (HyperTerminal). I can change the baud rate from the BootROM prompat on mine but thats about all.

Ok, you have 2 options. I just tried this on a box in my inventory so I know it works. Get into the bootrom menu and hit d then f. Thats all, d forces the default config and f boots from flash. Now, if you have a box with software versions prior to 4.0 (the 2. series) the only option you have is to configure and connect a modem to the box and have extreme technical support dial in and reset the admin password for you. Oh yeah, you can also send the box into extreme and they can recover it then mail it back to you. If you have a early version box and don't have Extreme support, I bet your screwed and will have to pay them a great deal of cash to have them reset it for you. Hope this isn't bad news.

Brian

Comstocb, (or anyone with the answer)

I got the bootrom menu and was able to hit "d" and then "f", but now it's asking for a login/password. What is the default L/P?

I am trying to reset/recover a Summit 4.

Many thanks,

Brad

Glad to hear you finally got in.
In case anyone else is interested, the df login is "admin" (no "") and has no pw (enter/cr).
-/extremity

To get the help menu in the bootrom hit "h". At least on the versions I've worked with hitting a "?" did not bring up the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back