Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Recovery for all 3COM superstack switches 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... still no joy. This is a superstack 2 3000 12 port 10/100. The firmware is 3.23 and I'm connecting via serial.

I've tried manage/manage, security/security, and others, nothing. That said, am I doing something wrong?
Nick

Nick Shank
Quorum Systems.

S.M.P. Its not just an architecture, its a way of life.

As soon as I entered
RIP 0000
at the bios boot loader I could tell it was going to be different, no message that is standard if you type r as the first character. I then typed b for the load, after reboot, admin/<nothing> got me right in. I could also tell at that point it had worked before logging in since the login screen had the name of the switch that had been programmed, and that was also erased.

Hi

I´ve tried every code in this tread, but can´t get results, I have a 4400 (3C17203) without reset button and I can´t reset the admin passwd, in others I use recover and it works but in this one not.

anyone know what happen.

I think that is the same as the 3300 series where flashing resets the pw's

Ok, but, how can I flash it.

Hi Everyone!!!

My SuperStack II Desktop Switch was working great, but sudenly one day when I turn on the switch the MGMT Led went from green to yellow, and anything works, I conect the console and a POST ERROR = 52 MMAC_al_h l_stuck port 21 appear, somebody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks I will appreciate you help!!

See further up in this thread how to flash it - there is a utility to force a flash upgrade whether it wants one or not.

Just wanted to thank dljones and caliguy32 for their posts. I have a 3COM SuperStack II 3000, and was finally able to reset the switch to factory defaults (without the password.) Thanks a bunch!

</henroc>

Hello,
i've bought a used 3com Switch 3900.

It works 3 days and now i have the problem that nothing works, but power ist ok. I'he changed nothing.

After start the yellow LED of Port 18 is immediatly on. Then the switch starts by testing every Port, when it reaches Port 18 all LEDs of the ports are suddenly off and after a few seconds only the grenn power,the fault LED is on and also the green LED of the 1000sx Port ist on.

Can anyone help me here, because the problem is, that the switch is to old, and 3com don't help.

Thanks
mike

Ugg, i dont get it.. I connected my null modem cable, downloaded the 3CServer, started hyper terminal... there is no VT100 anywhere that i can see for it.. my connection options on Hyper Terminal are
Connect Using: modem, com 3, tcp/ip
I choose com 3....
Bits per second: 2400
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: Hardware

at this point there is nothing to set VT100.. what gives?
So I click ok and my hyperterminal now shows in the bottom left corner, Connected 0.00:xx where its counting

I then started 3CServer

Now what??? Nothing is happening.. i try to type something on the HyperTerminal and nothing is happening.. I dont get how to use this.. I need to setup the superstack II 630 so first i need to try and access it.

From the 3zCom website:
SuperStack II Switch 3900/9300 - How to recover from a lost password

Problem: How to recover from a lost password
Problem: Password Recovery Procedure
Fact: SuperStack II Switch 3900
Fact: SuperStack II Switch 9300
Fact: Password
Problem: Lost password
Problem: Unable to login to the Switch 9300/3900
Problem: Forgot password
Fix:

Follow the steps below, to recover from a lost password:

Select access level (read, write, administer): administer
Password: lanplex
Resetting the passwords, please wait...
To complete passwords resetting recycle power within 60 seconds

This worked for me- none of the other suggestions here worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back