Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password (recovery)Baystack Access Node 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA1GS

Programmer
Mar 8, 2000
NL
I have a Baystack Access Node but I don't know the password. Is ther any way to find out what the password is or can the password be set to some default value.

not sure about access nodes, but on the Bays I've seen if you have a blade with a known password (say from a spare router) you can install the blade in the other router and use the known password for access, then reset the password on the entire router.  ie: the password on a newly installed blade does not get updated until the password command is used...

Here are the steps:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Power down the router.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Jump jumper S16 at front of the unit, behind the LEDs.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Power up the router and it will go into diag mode.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Type the following to clear the password:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;an_diag&gt;&gt; wb c00000 0 20<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Power down the router.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Remove the jumper.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Power up the router.<br><br>Hope that helps,<br>jfk

Removing password from an AN <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;Lost password for AN router <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;AN <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;The following required to remove the password on Access Node Routers <br>1. Power Down router <br>2. Jump jumper S16 at the front of the Unit, behind the LEDs <br>3. Power up the router, it will go to a diag prompt <br>4. Type following: rb c00000 20; this displays the passwd <br>                                      wb c00000 0 20;this clears the pasword - sets it to 0 <br>There is help on these commands if needed <br>5. Power down the router <br>6. Remove jumper <br>7. Power up the router. <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back