Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Recovery Baystack 450 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

janne1912

ISP
Jun 26, 2001
FI
i lost my password somewhere. Can anyone help me?

is there any where i can get the old firm ware for these I checked nortels site but they only have the 4.xxx. I have cascade moduals but it didn't work and i think its the firm ware

Somewhat related to the password bypass, anyone know of a way to completely reset the entire 450 to factory defaults?

I had a situation where Telnet login was defined as going through a RADIUS server. The problem here was that there was no server IP address or any other information defined in the config.[curse] Fortunately the console was not password protected and I corrected the problem.[bigsmile] However, it got me to thinking dark thoughts about what might have been had I not been so fortunate.[ponder]

Typing in NetICs as your password and hitting return/enter will break you into the console or telnet on Baystack 450 software version 1.0.1.0. I will try and get the rest of the supported codes for this. I am working on getting the procedure for the newer codes.

I tried the stack method to reset the PW. My stack doesn't recognize the locked switches I think because they are running FW v1.44 and SW v2.0.0.28. My "good" switches have v4 code. If you have v2 code on hand, PLS share! Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back