Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

camilo

MIS
May 16, 2000
MX
Visit site
I'm using Oracle as my datasource and every time that I run the report it ask me for a User Id and Password, now what I want to know is there anyway to avoid being ask the password. I'm going to put the report on the web and don't wan't people knowing the password for the DB server.

As far as I know there is no way to get around this.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have created a generic id which is read only on the server and given that logon to our users. <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You can hardcode the password and userid in the asp, and pass those for login.&nbsp;&nbsp;Crystal has some sample asp code for this that is part of the normal install. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back