Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password protected page

Status
Not open for further replies.

giahan

Programmer
Sep 1, 2000
US
Hi,

I have a html file. I want to protect this file and it only displays if user enter the right password. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you [sig]<p>GH ((-:<br><a href=mailto:giahan@hotmail.com>giahan@hotmail.com</a><br>(-:[/sig]

You need to check the password against the database. If it is correct, you need to assign them a session id. If they dont have that session id, dont let them in the site. [sig]<p>Chad Elley<br><a href=mailto:celley@gobcg.com>celley@gobcg.com</a><br>[/sig]

Hi Chad,

How do u set up the session id for the html file? I have my password checked and then relocate to the html file if the password is correct. I can display the html Files with the token, session id but if SO just type in my html file, it will pop up that page w/o going thru the passw portected page.

Thanks
[sig]<p>GH<br>[/sig]

you'll need to include the Application.cfm file to the html page, but may need to change the file extension of the html page to cfm for it to work.

Hi,

Use a very simple ACTION page to load the HTML file, that will automatically include the application.cfm. In the same ACTION page, you can check and require the password, if you like.

Paul

[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back