Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password protected folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlcoder

Programmer
Jul 1, 2001
US
I was wondering how to print out to a web page when it is in a password protected folder. I have a simple Perl CGI program that gets user input from a form and then prints it out according to category. It works perfectly except for the one in the password protected folder. I have the password to the folder I just dont know how to put it together.

er, this is still win2000, right? i'll assume so.

well, i honestly don't know enough about the workings of it to say. in *nix, there isn't really password protection so much as there is different permissions. if it's like this, you'd just switch to a different user, one that has permissions to access the file. any password protection you would find would just be the encryption of data that would require a certain key to decrypt. if that is the case, you'd just find the decrypting application supplied by win2000 and give it the key(password)...

maybe there's a win2000 api for dealing with it's password protected files - check search.cpan.org

or, you could undergo the task of cracking the win2000 file control systems :-D that sounds like alot more fun anyway.

if noone else has an answer, try asking in the win2000 forum - they may have a better idea of what's going on here.

sorry i couldn't help more,
stillflame "If you think you're too small to make a difference, try spending a night in a closed tent with a mosquito."

Hi PerlCoder I was just wondering if you figured out a way to write to that folder and if you did can you tell me.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back