Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I am aware of how to Save As and select Options to password protect Word and Excel files, in Office 97, but anyone know how to password protect a powerpoint file?
The help doesn't help, and Technet seems to be anti-anything they don't officially support anymore.

Will

Tools>Options>security tab

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

I believe Powerpoint 97 comes with Office 97, right?
Sorry I didn't stipulate that earlier... (thanks xlbo, but PP 97 doesn't have such an option, which is why I started the thread!)

Will
;)

oooops [blush]
must remember to read questions properly. My apologies - unfortunately I don't have any access to '97 so I'm gonna have to bow out of this (un)graciously

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Thanks Guys,

That's what I thought. Essentially we told our Director to zip it up (and the file!) and then password protect the archive.

But seriously, thanks for ALL input.

Will

[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back