Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgaetos

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I am creating a site where children will be creating websites that only family members can view. I want to have fields on the page specified for username and password and link that to their respected page. I am using FrontPage because that is the only program available to me at work. How would I compare what is entered in the fields to a database holding the names and password to route it to the correct page?

You'd need some type of server-side language to perorm the comparison. Such as PHP, ASP, Coldfusion, Perl etc...

Tell us what is available to you and we can assist ou further by at the very least pointing you to the forum for the chosen server-side language.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I've got it. Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back