Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

listhist

MIS
Feb 26, 2004
CA
I have a freind who's company didn't renew there maintenance contract on their Option 11 and the telco seems to have changed the password on him. What are his options to regain access to the switch if they won't give him the password.

thanks

sew them, the password belongs to the owner of the system not the vendor.... Or you can contact the nearest Nortel office, give them modem access and pay a lot of money to make them reset the password...

i2007

sue, call nortel direct, uuless the switch is leased or some other legal claim, you have teh right to use. nortel will do a password recovery, it's expensive but should be passed to your carrier. also if the vendor is like most of us, the locals may have locked you out without their legal dept or upper admin clearing it. go up the food chain or get a lawyer. i heard theirs one good one, (haven't met her). also if they are doing that trash, disconect ALL external modems..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Do you know the software rls. If you can print the iss in LD 22 with the modem number I might be able to help

johnpoole and i2007 are right ...

get on the vendor, if you own the switch.
dont give access to strangers if your telecom setup is critical

Thanks all,

I advised him to contact the telco (vendor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back