Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password on Exchange Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjh1

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
GB
I am using Arcserve 2000 (SP4) to back up our exchange 5.5 server. I have the agent successfully installed on the excahnge server and I can see the exchange server in Arcserve. The only problem I have is that I cannot select the exchange server as it asks for a password. I am entering in the password that I know is correct but it keeps on telling me it is the wrong password. This is really beginning to annoy me. Where is this password set and how can I check\change it?

Thanks,

Caroline

Mohamdr,

Thanks for the information. I have followed the instructions carefully but just end up with the same result. When I try to expand the exchange server under the Client Agents section of the backup job and enter in the correct username and password it just comes back 'Failed to Login to Agent' which is really beginning to annoy me!

I can see and backup everything I want to on the Exchange server via Network in the backup job but I would like to get it working via Client Agent.

Any help would be appreciated as my Arcserve server is about to take a leap out of our 3rd floor window![mad]

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi

How did you add the machine in Arcserve Backup window(in the client agent)?
Have you added it by using Auto discovery if yes remove it and add it manually and use computer name resolution .

regards
mohamdr

Mohamdr,

I have added it using both methods. At the moment I have added it manually and am using computer name resolution but it still refuses to let me in!

Caroline

Hi
From client agent Are you able expand machine partisions(c:,d:,...etc) and see the folder.

regards,
mohamdr

Hi,

NO I cant expand the exchange server under client agent. When I attempt to do this it the Security dialog box appears and I ahve to enter in a user name and password. I enter in the user name and the password and then I get the Failed to Logon to Agent message. I have tried alsorts of combinations of username such as username on its own domain\username and exchangeservername\username all to no success.

Apart from this Arcserve seems to be working fine. Its things like this that annoy me with Arcserve.

When I asked CA about this they basically didnt want to know as I am able to backup the excahnge server via Network, but surely I can expect to be able to backup via the Client Agent if I want to?

Thanks for your help,

Caroline

Hi Caroline,
From other machines are you able to take a backup using the client agent?
Have you tried to uninstall & reinstall the client agent?

regards,
mohamdr

Hi again,

I am successfully backing up three Windows 2000 Servers via the Client Agent. I was beginning to think that I might have to reinstall the Exchange Agent but seeing as it is working through the Network option I was a bit reluctant to do this. I will give it a go anyway and see how I get on.

Thanks for your help,

Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back