Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password on a access stack node

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichi

Programmer
Nov 12, 2000
EC
hi everybody, i don't know the password or login on an access stack node,, i read the password recoveries, shown on others posts,, but i couldn´t find the Jumoer 16,, so i don't know what to do??
help me please
thanks in advance
Pichi

Hello Pitchi,
do you have this instruction? ."If using an AN, power it off, then open it and put a jumper on pin S16, behind the power LED. If using an ANH, power it off and put a jumper on pin DB7." ???

Michael

hi, Michael,
i know that, but where is the Jumper16?? or the db7 pin??
i don't know that!! i have been looking over all day, and i coundn´t find that
thanks

pichi

To clear Access Stack Node Password you need no_pswd.exe file. You have to copy it on flash card, before copying rename it to asn.exe and reboot router with your just prepared flash card.

Brat
paksamit@archer.krakow.pl

where i can find that no_pswd.exe file??

pichi

Hello pichi, i disagree to Brats statement! The no_password.exe is only for asn or bln boxes and not for an or arn. I never tried to recover the passwords from any box but i´ve seen the instructions in nortels primus web. Here´s the link:You can also ask there your own questions without a valid account
If you can wait until monday i will take a look inside an an.

Greetings from Germany
Michael

Uups... and sorry brat and pichy !!! I agree to brats statement. Next time i will read the question more carefully. I thought that pichy meant an an... Pichy, you really need the no_password.exe for asn plattforms. There are no jumpers you can set. But.. you can get this file only (legal) from the NN support and i dont know where you can get it anywhere else. Sorry for that confusion !!!

Michael

don't worry siepratm,
i have been browsing the NN website, and found two exe files,, asnboot.exe and asndiag.exe, do any of these can be used to rename it as asn.exe??
because i have read the info bulletin for that files, and i think those aren´t the one that brat told me about.

thanks in advance

pichi

no pitchi, the asndiag and -boot where only used to be for the startup process. These files are stored in the bootrom (not on the flash card). Before the router loads his image you can see that he starts the diags (with the asndiag) and then the asnboot.exe. You really need the no_password.exe and i think it could be difficult to get this file....

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back