Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleplop

Vendor
May 28, 2003
US
Here's one that I am sure has been poster once before. I have a BCM customer that was once ours. They switched to another Vendor. That vendor changed the password for the BCM (Unified manager and voicemail) Customer wants us back but (here it comes..) lost the password! Does anyone know how to recover from this? Thanks.

Teleplop

VM is easy...just like a Norstar. Main Chassis, not so good. Customer needs to have their vendor back in to reset the password. I doubt defaults work.

There is no recovery method for Unified Mgr password short of complete re-install.

MagnaRGP. Could you define "re-install"? Does that mean re-loading the BCM image? Getting the password from the previuos vendor is not an option at this point. (I wish it was)

Teleplop

Yep. Unless someone else knows something I don't.

Teleplop,
you are going to have to get a new harddrive or re-image those are your only options at this point.

did you try supervisor also? sometimes they just change ee_admin only and forget about supervisor.

Telset admin would not reset the password anyway even if it was supported.

What version is this? I upgraded my BCM 1000 from 2.5 to 3.7 last year, and this year from 3.7 to 4.0. When I did the 4.0 upgrade, it forced me to change the ee_admin user name over to nnadmin. So you may want to try that because the new vendor may have upgraded the OS?? Just a thought.

Did you ever get this resolved? If not, on a 3.5 unit I did the VNC Password reset deal, (I KNOW, not supported by Nortel, and if they ever find out they get Really Really MAD, or so I am told) but that let's you VNC into the actual unit itself. I didn't have to reset the password, so I didn't look at that, but I did look around. I would think you could do it from there,

Does anyone know if I am correct?

I haven't actually done this yet and all suggestions were good. I don't think VNC works with 3.6. If it does, I do not know how to access it. IF memory servers corrctly, Nortel shut this service off on 3.6 so I don't know how you would access it. I have since found out from the customer that the only thing they don't have access to is the Unified Manager. They can get to the Call Pilot. The only password they don't have is to the UM. Getting it from the previuos vendor is not an option. I do have a 3.6 hard drive that was never used before, my only concern with that was that I wasn't sure if the UM password was stored on that or the MSC.

Teleplop

This is why i always add a login for myself when i do an install!!! Unless they specifically go in and change that also I have a backdoor, I do let the customer know ahead of time and tell them this is in case they get locked out, it has come in handy!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back