Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password authentication failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffjones58

Technical User
Apr 15, 2004
US
I am working on an issue with an Avaya S8500 running Rel 12 CM. I can log in using ASA and my dadmin password and get into the system every time. When I try to use the Web Interface, I type in the exact same login/password and it gives me a authentication failure. The onsite customer cannot login either and this password worked fine until recently. I had the customer reboot the server with no results. Any suggestions?

Do any logins work for the web browser?

should be a simple fix.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

I have tried all the logins I have access to and nothing works. I also had other people try to login with out success. I go into ASA and modified a user resetting the password and still had no luck.

Sounds like you need some help.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Dumb question, but are you logging into the correct switch? If this is a large corporate environment with many sites/switches, make sure you're attempting to log into the correct one with your web browser. Also, make sure you can ping the switch, and that your browser isn't just loading a page from cookies/history when you're trying to connect. Just verify the address of the switch and make sure you have connection.

This is a closed network with a RAS modem connected directly to the 8500. It has no physical connectivity to any other equipment. I am using 192.11.13.6 to access both ASA or the web browser. I deleted the temp files from my pc and got the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back