Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password appear twice in access 2000 with windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

budich

Programmer
Oct 7, 2000
ID
Dear All,

currently I run my access 2000 in Office/ windows XP, however the strange happen the password query ask twice.
firstly, commonly when I open database, it requires password. however, when I close database, it requires password again. we can cancell it, but it bothering.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem.
thank you,
regards
Budi

Hi Budi,

I think that you might have "Compact on Close" checked in your options.

To remedy this:

From the menu select Tools>>Options>> select the General tab, then uncheck "Compact on Close"

The downside of this is that the user will need to compact the DB manually from time to time.

Bill

Thanks alot Bill,

so I cannot use 2 facities together, compact on close with password. However if I ask the user compact manually, it is not practical ways.
Do you know how to use 2 facilities together in office 2000 or xp.
thankyou

So long as the Password isn't likely to change try this in the Unload event of your SwitchBoard/Menu Form (or any Form that is open all the time):

SendKeys "Password{Enter}"

Change "Password" to your DB password.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back