Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passport 8100 Duplexing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oak2278

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
I am getting a lot of CRC errors on my 8100 Switch ports. I attribute this to Duplexing problems as every port is set to auto on the swtich and in most (i was working on making it all) the NIC. Anyway, I tried to hard set the both the switch and NIC to 100/Full. When i try to set it in device manager i get a timeout and it sets to 10 or 100 half. I can never set it to Full. Has anyone seen this problem before? I'm somewhat a novice on the 8100 and am more used to the 450's. Is there no way to set the port configuration in the CLI?

Thanks in Advance
Shawn

Are you using the latest version of switch manager? This is an error I get if the switch code is newer than the manager version.

If not make sure you can write to the flash.

John

I know its not a problem writing to the flash. I can save any other setting. At least any i've had a reason to try.

I'm not sure im using the latest device manager. I will check that and post my results.

But is there no way to set port duplex setting in the command line

Thanks
Shawn

Mormally after you change the port setting ther is some delay.You can select refresh and the status should change to reflect your changes. We have no problems doing it this way.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Yes, thats the way it is for changes normally for us as well. However on the duplex settin gi actually get a timeout error immediately

Hi,

Via CLI type at the prompt:
config ethernet 'slot/port'
info -> to see parameters
autoneg disable
speed 10 | 100
duplex half | full

box
save config

I hope this help!

Status
Not open for further replies.