Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passport 6400/7400 Documentation - where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2001
PL
Hi, All

I want to learn a little bit more about PP6400/PP7400 switches, but on Nortel's web there is nothing about these units just very small product brief.

Maybe someone have CDs with Passport hardware and software documentation. Please help.

Thanks,
BRAT

If your company uses any Nortel gear, you should be able to get Nortel Technical Publications (NTPs) through your local support folks. Alternatively, you should be able to get a user account through Nortel (approved by your support manager) to give you access to documentation online. The website is bad overall and lacking in documentation you've probably come to expect as standard from Cisco et al. Getting info is like extracting blood from a stone, even when you know what document it's in. I'd push REALLY HARD to get regular updates of NTPs/Release Notes delivered to you on CD. For the price of 6400/7400 in the current market, Nortel ought to fly customers to Canada 1st Class to pick up freshly burned documentation from the factory! Not that I'm bitter about bad support from Nortel.... ;-)

...since then it has improved a lot....

go under
--> Technical Support --> Technical Documentation

choose the right product and you will find all the documentation of Nortel.

NTPs are the official Nortel Technical Publications

..sometime they are hard to find, but the quality is much better than the Cisco one, which is full of error.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back