Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Variables & Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamWhitehouse

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
I want to run a standard.exe and reference it to an Activex.exe and pass information between them, but after 3 days of trawling through faq's I can't find any how too's, there is a lot of info on control events etc: can anyone direct me to a piece of sample code that shows the basics of how to achieve this.

this is just an idea. i havent tried it yet. could your application pass command line parameters to your activex.exe? however, this would mean that your activex.exe will have to be aware of all the possible values it will acquire to run according to your plans. :)

Not Really, this is the problem I am running a large machine which is constantly monitoring a dll for its inputs , and the machine reacts to the state of these, if I load up one of my user interfaces, during the time it takes to update the graphic objects, the io routine has missed potential inputs and my machine has a mechanical crash. What I am trying to do is to have My IO and step routines running independantly to my GUI, which can be cached and play catch up, but I am not sure of the best way to achieve this? any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back