Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing variable from first page to page 2, 3, 4 etc... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hi,

i need to pass a variable from an input to another pages. This is a wizard of selecting articles of a bike and then, in the next pages to show the selected idems and let the user continue it's selection. I don't know how to pass from page 1 to page 3,4 etc. From page 1 to page 2 i used Request.Form ("input") but on the third page isn't working anymore...

u need to pass that input to each page..if u want that
variable in page6 u need to pass that variable till page 6 continuosly like to page2,page3,page4 etc...

in every page withing form tag,
input=Request.Querystring("input")
<form method=post action=xx.asp>
<input type=hidden value=&quot;<%=input%>&quot;>
</form>

Yes, for example.
Code:
<form method=post action=xx.asp>
<input type=hidden value=&quot;<%=input%>&quot;>
<input type='submit' value='send to next page'>
</form>

Would only send that data to the next page (in the Request header). Unless you collect that data in the next page (sending it back to the browser) and pass it again (by telling the browser to include it in the next page request), it is left there floating.

Have you tried putting the variable in a session object. That way the variable will be avainlble to all pages during that session.
Session(form1)= request.form(&quot;input&quot;)
My opinion take it for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back