Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing value from EIS to Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcgill

Programmer
Aug 11, 2001
US
I am trying to pass a value entered by the user in the EIS to a report.

My query uses a stored procedure. I am able to get a 'Begin Date' and an 'End Date' in the EIS and pass them to the stored procedure. The query executes just fine. I would also like to pass these values to a report so they can be displayed on the report. My query doesn't use limits -- that's all handled in the stored procedure.

I've tried to dynamically change the report text field from within the EIS script and I have tried to use a 'field' on the report to read the EIS. I can't seem to get anything to work.

Any ideas on how I might accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. TM.

i have not tried this so i cannot say for sure if it will work, however i can see no reason that it should not.

you will probably have to make a global variable and pass the parameter that you wish to display to said variable. in your report you will have a field that has =global_variable. i have done the global variable/field thing, but not in your instance but i think it will work. also note, that the fields will process js, but you can not call functions or write to the console for debugging. at least in my version.

Tmcgill

What version of Brio are you using?

If you have Brio 6.6.x you can use JavaScript to assign new values to Report Objects (Fields). I have done quite a bit of this.

If you need help still drop a line

Regards

Wayne Van Sluys
KeyPulse, Inc.
wvansluys@keypulse.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back