Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing "WINK" Signal through Avaya to a DIALOGICS cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikayyali

MIS
Apr 3, 2005
Hello Gurus of Avaya, I have the following situation that I need help in resolving. All assitance and guideness is greatly appricated.

I have an IP412 running 3.0 with 2 dual port T1\PRI modules. currently I am only using one port so I still have 3 ports that are not being used.
I am trying to see if it would be possible for me to pass a "WINK" signal through the Avaya to another phone system that has a DIALOGICS D240SC card (digital PRI card). I am trying to see if the the Avaya can act like the "CO" and pass all the information (frame type, incoming DID, portcol...etc) to the other phone system so it can handle call routing to phone stations.

1- is this possible?
2- Do I need any special cards, cable to do it? or what I have already will work?

again, all help you can provide me with is greatly apprciated. I am stuck trying to figure out how to get these 2 phone systems to work together.

I have configured a dialogic on Definity, and about all we needed to do was use a cross over cable. I would think that wink would be the default.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back