Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Parameters without Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJSWEAT

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
US

I have just started a project where the Crystal reports are not embedded in the project and we do not have Crystal Enterprise. Does anybody have suggestions as to how we pass parameters to the reports? Do We need to build an interface in C# that passes the parameters to the reports or if we access the report directly from the UI will Crystal still prompt me for parameters? This is above my head!

Thanks

If you open a report in a viewer application without setting the parameters before viewing, Crystal will prompt you for the parameters.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Could you clarify what you mean by viewer application? Do you mean the Crystal XI viewer?

Thanks!

How are you going to show your reports to your users? That is the "viewer application". Since you're using C#, then it is by using the Crystal Viewer component vrom Visual Studio in your application.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back