Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing parameters to Oracle Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahatmt

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
US

I have used the Add_parameter command (afer creating the parameter list) to a Forms trigger. The parameter is called pf1 and I pass a value from the form :)block.fieldname).

I created a parameter in the Oracle Report and call it with Run_product, but when the report invokes, the parameter form is displayed and does not contain the passed value.

Any hints or suggestions?

Hi, are you following these three steps:

1. execute the Oracle Forms CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST built-in function to programmatically create a parameter list
2. execute the Oracle Forms ADD_PARAMETER built-in procedure to add one or more parameters to the parameter list, specifying the key, type, and value for each parameter being added. The parameters created in the form should have the same name as the parameters in the report.
3.execute the Oracle Forms RUN_PRODUCT built-in procedure and include the ID or name of the parameter list to be passed to the called product.

Andres Estrada
Technical Oracle Consultant

Do you mean it's value is not set or it's not being dispalyed in parameter form?

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back