Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing parameters to CR8

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3010

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
I have a CR8 report that I run through the crystal reports web server. I need this report to print out twice with a slight variation (heading changes). So I created a second report with the heading changed. then created a 3 report that included the first two reports as subreports. 1st subreport is in the detail section, the 2nd report is in the 'report footer' section.

this is the parameters I used on the original report and it works fine
prompt0=4617&user0=frog&password0=gribbet

but I cannot get the parameters right for the new report(3rd report) which has the subreports in it. This is what I tried (and variations of it)
prompt0=4617&prompt1=4617&user0=frog&password0=gribbet&user1=frog&password1=gribbet

Can anyone help me with parameter passing via the webserver, the prompt(s) work fine, but I keep getting asked for the database login (its SQL server, ODBC connection), or suggest a better way of printing 2 copies with different headings

Thanks
Ted

Hi

I have solved my problem, the database had changed, I verified the database, a table was different. Also I made the userid 'SA'. This stopped the request for a database login

cheers
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back