Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing parameters to a file????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknyppy

Programmer
May 14, 1999
US
here's the line with parameters I'm trying<br>
to pass to mailer.cfm.<br>
<br>
mailer.cfm?page_sent=#site_query.title#<br>
<br>
Keep getting errors and I'm stumped.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
Dave.

Dave, have you tried adding single quotes? mailer.cfm?page_sent='#site_query.title#'<br>
I think this may be all that's wrong. Good Luck<br>
Kimi

You could also try changing the parameter name to something without a period...<br>
<br>
&lt;cfset SiteQuery=site_query.title&gt;<br>
<br>
If the parameter you are trying to pass is a multi-value query, you'll probably have to run the query again on the other template. I have never had any luck trying to pass queries...

There shouldn't be a problem in passing query variables. It looks fine, but what you do need to do is establish if #site_query.title# would have spaces in it or not. If yes, then you need to encode it.<br>
<br>
try: #URLEncodedFormat(site_query.title)#<br>
<br>
Also remember you will need a &lt;cfoutput&gt;&lt;/cfoutput&gt; around it somewhere.

Something we've noticed where I'm at is that Cold Fusion sometimes has a problem with underscores. Nothing definite - it just doesn't work well with them. Tyr changing the names to eliminate the underscore - this solved a number of problems we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back