Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing login info to ReportNet 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbardelli

Programmer
Sep 16, 2005
CH
Hi All,
does anyone know how I can pass username and password info from an external application to the login page of ReportNet?
Is SDK the only answer?
Thanks

Gianni

Gianni:

I am doing something similar to what you are trying to accomplish. We use BEA WebLogic (Portal) to perform authentication of our users. Then, when they click on our ReportNet link in the portal, the information is passed to ReportNet so the user does not have to log in again (or seperately) to ReportNet. Getting single sign on to work was difficult. We opened a case with COGNOS support, but ended up solving the problem ourselves. You must really read carefully the Single Sign On documentation from COGNOS. Further, you need to look at and understand the settings for this in Cognos Configuration. I had help with the WebLogic stuff, but it has to be identical to what you set up in Cognos Configuration. We also used an LDAP browser we found on the internet to help us. But the long and short of it boiled down to the settings in Cognos Configuration. I suggest you review the documentation, try out some configuration settings, then post questions about the errors you are seeing (the errors are not always the most descriptive, but they might lead to some solution). Additionally, you might want to up your logging levels and ensure multiple dispatchers are not being used (if you have more than one ReportNet installed on networked computers). I hope this helps, best of luck with your efforts!

Thanks,
Don
(Perpetual Innovations, LLC)

techsoft:

Thanks for posting, I am unable to reach the link you posted. Could you please copy the other post text to this forum? I would really like to see more about this topic.

Thanks,
Don

donb410:

Were you able to view the post by techsoft on china-bi forum. I am not able to view the pages, if you have the post can you resend it.
We are having similar problems with logon at our client base.

Thanks,

As per my previous message, I am unable to view the posting also. When I stated "Could you please copy the other post text to this forum?" I was hoping that techsoft would post the information. Apparently, they have not read this thread again, or choose not to post the info. I will keep my eye open for more info and post it here if I find any. Have you checked COGNOiSe dot com also?

Thanks,
Don

name the textboxes for the username and the password fields exactly as they are on the RN portal(I do not remember for sure but it might be CAMUsername and CAMPassword, please double check). use session variables to keep this info captured throughout the session and whenever you click on the link that takes you to the portal, you will not need to login (that is if the username and password) are coming from an authentication source configured with RN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back