Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

passing inbound callerID on a PHTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwoj

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
hi - I built a PHTM (500) that is set to call fwd (FTR DCFW) to another phone....but when I call the PHTM DID from my cell phone - once it fwds the call to the other phone it is not passing the callerID of my cell but passing a generic number for our company. is there a way to pass the callerID of the cell phone thru the PHTM?

Is the other phone an extension on the system or an external endpoint? When you call from an extension on your system to the DCFW'd endpoint do you get the same number display or does CID work.

the other phone is external from the CS1000...

CLID does work if I call into the CS1000 - it does display on a phone that is connected...but when I call the PHTM that is built and it does the FTR DCFW off to the external phone - just a generic 469-365-7000 comes across (I would like it to be the cell number - 469-337-xxxx).

What trunks or route do the PHTM's use to call out? ...or - is there a CLS on the PHTM that I can enable to pass the CLID?

So when you call from your extension to the external line does the CID display on the far end? This will tell us whether your outgoing trunk is set to deliver CID or just the Billing Telephone Number (or whatever you have asked your provider to display on outgoing calls.

oh yes - when I call from my extension (physical phone) it does pass the CLID to the far end....it's just when the call is coming from the PHTM does it display the BTN. Is there a way to have the PHTM do the DCFW out to another phone and keep the originating callerID?

Yes it works on my system. If you forward your extension to the remote number what result do you get. I'm honestly a bit green when it comes to Nortel but this may have something to do with the either the trunk it is taking, or the CLID table setting on the Phantom's SCR. If forwarding your extension works, compare it's settings to your phantoms or post printouts of both the TN's.

underwoj- Your problem sound as if it could be a CLID issue. You will need to know which route your forwarding phone (DCFW) is taking. You say it is forwarding offsite, so I assume it is a COT or TIE. In any event you will need to check how the route is handling the CLID data. Also in your CLS of the DCFW set you will need to confirm CFTD/CFTA to know how the forwarding is being handled. Below I've attached a link that may help you.

Post DNB and RDB maybe we can help you through the programming.

thanks guys...

below is the TN of the PHTM that I call from a cell phone...so if I call this number (which is 469-365-7569) it call fwd's to the 610 number. When the call is delivered to the 610 phone - I would like it to display the cell number but it's displaying 469-365-7000.

Do I need to check something out on the TGAR? Is there something in the CLS of the TN below that I need to change to allow the CLID to pass thru?

DES PHTM
TN 128 1 12 09 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
ERL 00000
WRLS NO
DN 7569 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Rick Martin
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 16 916105763875
DATE 13 OCT 2015

DN 7569 0 MARP
FTR DCFW 16 916105763875
CFTD
Ok, your using CLID list 0, since you are dialing "9" for your ACOD I assume you are going out a COT. and CTFD call forward by call type is denied.

PRT CLID in LD 21 and post. You will probably need to create and chg list for x7569.

ah ok - so CLID 0 is 469-365-7000...so that's where that callerID is coming from when the call is passed to the 610 number......but - if I call DN/DID 469-365-7569 (which is the TN above) from my cell which is 469-337-2xxx - I would like to see that callerID pop up on the phone at the 610 area code. Is that possible?

So, 469-337-2000 calls PHTM 469-365-7569 and that is set to DCFW to a phone at 610-576-3875...on the 610 I want to see 469-337-2000 (not 469-365-7569).

You will just need to create a new CLID entry for that phone. You can make it send out what ever you want.

but I just want to pass the callerID thru to the 610 number...is that possible?

The CLID entry is for the set for all calls. Not calls to a particular #

underwoj,
What CLID table does your extension use? Have you tried forwarding it as I suggested to see if you get the number delivery you desire?

It used CLID entry 0 and CLID 0 states to use 469-365-7000 - which is what it's currently doing now.....but I'd like to bypass the CLID and have the PHTM pass the callerID of the caller thru.

Example would be - I call from my cell number of 469-337-2000 to PHTM 469-365-7569 and that is set to DCFW to a phone at 610-576-3875...on the 610 phone I want to see 469-337-2000 (not 469-365-7569).

I understand what you are trying to do. I just did a test on my extension one using a CLID table with a screening number and one with the CLID table that delivers my DID. Both tests delivered the originating callers CID so I don't believe this has anything to do with the CLID table but more likely something with the trunk setups.

so how do I know what trunks my PHTM's (500's) are using to dial out of my CS 1000?

so how do I know what trunks my PHTM's (500's) are using to dial out of my CS 1000?"

If you dial 9 to get out more than likely you are using COT's (PSTN) to go out. You can TRAC set in LD 80 TRAC <cust> <DN> This will tell you what route your DFCW is going out on. You have to be careful with that because of your ESA data. You don't want to send false E911 data.

Do you have TIE/SIP trunks to that location? If so create new CLID for PHTM set and DFCW over TIE/SIP trunk. ie; FTR DCFW 16 (TIE_ACOD)3875 with new CLID to pass orig digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back