Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing digits to CTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgvusa

Programmer
Mar 12, 2001
US
I have a vector that collects 15 digits after 3 different announcements (announcement 1 collects 8 digits, 2 collects 4 and 3 collects 3 digits). After the digits are collected, the call is queued to a skill. The agents on that skill use an in-house developed CTI application. I would like the CTI application to use the collected digits to pop info on the agent interface.

I know I have done this once about 2 years ago, but I don't seem to be able to figure it out this time.

I have a Definity G3si V12 with Contact Center Express.

Any ideas???
Thanks!

just some clarification,

each of your collect steps will be overwriting the digits buffer each time, so the 3rd collect step will result in the digits buffer containing only 3 digits (not a concatenation of all 15 digits).

If you want to concatenate all digits collected, then you should probably have cm3.x which lets you concatenate using variables then restoring the values back into the digits buffer. For example

collect 8 after announcement 1 for A
collect 4 after announcement 2 for B
collect 3 after announcement 3 for c
set digits = A CATR B
set digits = digits CATR C

Regardless of you needing all 15 digits or not, i think the way to screen pop is to make sure the IP-AGENT application (AGENT interface) is setup to look at the "digits" buffer or the "uui" buffer (if the CTI application reloads the digits into the "uui" buffer). I can't give you the specifics, but I believe there are some menu options on IP-AGENT to let you generate a screen pop based off of values seen in the "digits" or "uui" buffers. I believe once you've setup the IP-AGENT, then it's just a matter of delivering the call to the agent with the "digits" or "uui" buffer set.

sorry couldn't give more details than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back