Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing DDI number from Phone Manger Pro to external screen pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

snelders8

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
AU
Hi,

(Please note: My background is software development, not Avaya engineering and I am new to development with IP Office)

Is it possible for Phone Manager Pro to pass DDI numbers to a 3rd party external application? I have external screen popping working to an application, however all I get is the CLI and end user extension information being passed through.

The situation is: we have a number of DDI numbers (I think that is the term?) that have hunt groups with agents terminating on them. An agent can be a member of multiple DDI groups. When a call comes through on one of the DDI groups to Phone Manager, it pops my application but I need to see which DDI the call came in on so I can do a search on the correct database.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason

I believe there is a registry entry that changes the behaviour of Phonemanager. I'll look it up at work and post back

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Here you go -
Copied and pasted from the IP Knowledge base

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Avaya/IP400/PhoneManager.
Add New DWord.
Rename to PopOnDDI.

Change Value data: to 1

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thanks for the reply Matt.

I also found the change in the Phone Manager installation PDF but haven't got it working yet.

Do you have any further information about what it actually does/what is affected but implementing the change?

Cheers,
Jason

For anyone who has similar requirements, I think I have found the solution. We created a new Hunt Group (which we called "Developer") and added my desk extension as an agent to that group. To save re-typing, following is part of the solution I sent to my customers:

Test configuration and notes:
1. A new Hunt Group called "Development" was created.
2. My extension was added to the group.
3. I did not need to be logged into the group at my phone for this to work.
4. It worked both with and without the "PopOnDDI" registry setting set.
5. It worked for calls made from both internal and external numbers.

Example: I called the number associated with the "Development" hunt group. The phone range and Phone Manger Pro popped my test application, sending the following string with the 5 parameters: 0433123456 706 0433123456>Development

That string is broken into:

1. Calling Party: 0433123456
2. Called Party: 706
3. Tag: [blank]
4. Account Code: [blank]
5. Display Text: 0433123456>Development

The call was made from my mobile and "706" (Called Party) is the extension associated with the new Hunt Group.

Therefore, for inbound calls, a call comes in on a specific number with an attached Hunt Group that contains a one or more agents. An agent answers the call which causes Phone Manager Pro to pop a 3rd Party application that receives the 5 parameters. By carefully programming IP Office and managing extensions, we can then use either parameter 2 (Called Party) or the ">Development" component of parameter 5 (Display Text) to perform an action based on the number/campaign called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back