Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Date Parameters from Primary report to Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzq2

MIS
Oct 3, 2003
US
We have BeginDate and EndDate parameters which are DateTime fields and it prompts the user for these dates by looking at the OpenDate&Time field. When we go to the sub-report, we still have the same parameters but the date field is now a StartDate&Time field and it prompts us to enter these dates twice. We would like to have the client enter the date only once and be used in both date criteria. By the way, the Open & Start datetime fields are in different table views. . I'm new at Crystal Reports and have taught myself most of what I know. Can someone help me out? Thanks. Suzq2

Which version of Crystal? In Crystal 8.5, you find Subreport Links under edit. If there is trouble matching date to date-time, try Date(field) in a formula field and link using the formual field.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Madawc:
Thanks for responding. My Crystal version is 8.5. The trouble is that these are two separate fields in two different views. In the subreport, it is a Change_Request.Start Date Time;and in the primary report, it is Incident.Open Date Time. It prompts the client to put in 4 dates (BeginDateTime and EndDateTime for the primary and then again for the subreport.) We want it to prompt them only once. Suzq2

Try Subreport Links, will it let you link BeginDateTime etc. to the subreport field?

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back