Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

krsnavan

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2008
AE
My CCNA expired in 2005.

But for an employment reason, I have passed CCNP Composite papers two months before. I want to complete the remaining two papers as i just finished CCNP Course in an institute.

Then want to finish CCNA.

That means i m doing all my CCNP papers without a prerequisite of Valid CCNA.

I am afraid whethere i have to take all my four papers again after finishing CCNA???
Cisco's tracking system confusing me.

You cannot take CCNP courses in the Cisco Academy, nor can you become a CCNP, without having becoming a valid CCNA---so yes, you have to do CCNA all over.

Burt

I think Burt misunderstood you. Once you pass all 4 tests you need to then pass your CCNA before you will get your CCNP. You will not have to pass all 4 CCNP tests again assuming you do the CCNA is somewhat short timeframe from passing your CCNP tests.

Belushi!

Burt missed my point.

What u mean "assuming you do the CCNA is somewhat short timeframe from passing your CCNP tests"

My plan is to do the remaining two CCNP papers, first, then CCNA.

Any contact email address from Cisco where i can confirm my situation?

thanx

Sorry, I don't have any contacts. You can post in the Cisco forum on their page or try and contact them directly through it.

Their forum page is:

Their training and events page is here:

Good luck. it is a little un-orhtodox what you are doing however I guess I understand your rationale. The CCNA should be relatively easy after you do all of the CCNP stuff.

Dude---you HAVE to become a CCNA BEFORE a CCNP!!!
Unless I totally am missing the point...

Burt

Nobody is disputing that. However, I do not beleive he will have to re-take his CCNP tests if he passes them all and then immediately goes and passes the CCNA test shortly thereafter.

After he passes all CCNP tests and then the CCNA, he will immediately have both certifications. Until that point, he will have none. What I am not 100% sure of is how long he has between passing the CCNP tests before he will be required to take them (or a 642 level test) again before the "credit" for taking them expires.

There have been others that have done it this way. Not the way I did or would do it, but it can be done.

I would think the 3 year rule would still apply for how long the tests are still valid.

Burt, where Belushi is going is if one passes all the CCNP tests, but doesn't have a valid CCNA (yet), he can then take the CCNA after all the NP tests are done. Once he's passed the NA exams, he'll be valid in both the NA and NP certs.

I think it's a very odd way of doing it, but I'm sure it can be done. Think if I had to go at it that way, I'd take the CCNA exams right with the BSCI and BCMSN exams. Would think it's have the most overlap in material and would have it all out of the way at that point.

Ooooohhhhh...lol
the light bulb just turned on...
I was confused by his CCNA expiring...I have never heard of anyone doing it that way. But I guess the bossman wants him to pass the CCNP tests to keep his job...

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back