Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing a variable between jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisidor

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
MX
Does anyone knows how can i send a variable to another job???
I meen does anyone knows the instruction???

Sorry for you, but it's not possible.
I tried with the common variable, but one job have just one process, and we can't send variable through processes, it doesn't work in the same job control too !
You have just one solution, you can writte your variable in a temporary text file and read it with the next job !

Good luck!

simplest way wether it by as an output stage or in the control program code -- write the 'variables' or params to a hashed file. then in the next job, you can read that information in the hased file and reference it.
there are also features called COMMON variables that can store these values once read in.

give it a whirl.

good luck
raven

write the information to a hashed file for external reference. its the best way. if it is a group of variables, then you can write them to a table or hashed file and then reference them in the next job.

Also, once read in, there is the use4 of the COMMON statement that will allow you to store the variable throughout the processing of that particular job

good luck
raven
ps: email me directly and i'll see what i can do to help with the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back