Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing a dynamic parameter to a subreport in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rllalex

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
US
I have a listing (A) which I would like to link to a detailed report (B). I'd like to pass the value of a field on a line in (A) and run (B) with that as a parameter. The source for (B) is a stored procedure which already has an input parameter defined.

When I tried to do this with a linked subreport, (A) generated a parameter name for me which I couldn't use because it wasn't the name I had in (B).

Is there any way to insert a hyperlink and pass some parameters along with it, or am I completely off base ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi rllalex
Have tried right clicking the sub, choose edit sub-report link, then setting the sub to the params you set for the main report?

regards
rypper

If you are using CRWv8.5, there is a bug that makes you thing you have to link to the field they create. You do not have to do so. You can create your own parameters in the subreport. the problem is in the linking dialog where the scrolling list of subreport parameters is fixed with a height of 1 line. on the right are up and down arrows and a scroll bar, but they don't look like much when they are forced into a single line. Hard for me to describe. I don't know if I ever got Crystal Reports Support to understand the problem, but I did accidentally find out the "solid appearing" square on the right of that control is actually a scroll bar. click on the top and bottom edges and the various parameters should scroll into view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back