Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed Secure ICA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

adejordan

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
GB
Well, got there in the end, after having to postpone the exam a couple of times due to MCSE courses, I am now 2 exams away from the CCEA. IMS next i think judging by the postings i have read here!!

Thanks for the info from Citrixengineer, it helped!

Ade [bomb] Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCNA,CCA

I am just now looking into this exam. I have passed the 220 exam and the LBPN exam. Do you suggest studying for NFuse before this exam, or does this test separate itself from NFuse?
Also, did you use any special study aids for this test, or just the Citrix Official Docs?

Thanx

R.

R.

I passed the Nfuse exam prior to this one. There were 2 questions on the security exam relating to Web access and .ica files. The 2 are not really related.

I used Citrix`s courseware, the cramsessions (Excellent!!!!) and the exam cram for the CCEA, again excellent.

Take note of the silly little info the cramsession gives you, that is where most of the questions come from.

It is not too difficult, just be wary of getting things in the correct order, esp. when it comes to how the Key Algorithms create the secret key.

Good luck, oh and how was the lbpn exam?

Ade [reading] Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCNA,CCA

where can i find the cramsessions for exam 220??

Cheers

rw1204 - Go to the guy there has a cram available for 220.

Ade,

Lbpn was not too difficult, but I still got an 82% because some of the questions were really confusing. Maybe it was me. They seemed to give all of this information, and then ask a general question, so I did not know whether to give the answer to the scenario, or the general answer to the general question...
I used the official courseware from CTX1220, it covered most of the info. I also read the Admin guide and the Getting started for LBPN. You can also get a practice test on But, of course, nothing beats hands on experience administering and supporting the product.

Another question on the Secure ICA test, which one did you take? 330 or 331?
R.

I took the 930 exam, i don`t think there is one for the XP track as it is all built in to the system from the start.

[rainbow] Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCNA,CCA

Actually, there is a 931 exam. It is listed as Citrix Secure Gateway, and has the explanation of using digital certificates in conjunction with CSG.
I would venture to guess that it includes a lot of what the 930 exam covered, as well as including the newer technologies built into XP.
You can only register for this exam by calling Prometric (at least that is what Citrix told me).

Ram

Thanks, I did notice the 931 exam, but had not looked into the details. May be worth a look when it becomes time to start on the XP exams.

Ade [idea] Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCNA,CCA

There is a separate course for the 931 exam - the details are not covered in either the XP or the Advanced/Enterprise courses. It covers a whole load of stuff like basics of firewalls, proxy servers and CAs.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back