Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed ONT...finally finished my CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerdalt

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
Woohoo...felt smart all week, went in and zipped through the test. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as any of the rest of the exams, but I have been working pretty heavily in QoS the last several months and starting to get the wireless stuff pushed on me as well.

Just such a weight to finally be done. Thanks to everyone for all their help.

Congratulations Lerdalt, much be a big relieve. I bet now you can relax and watch some Jack Bauer 24 actions tv movies.

lerdalt,

GREAT JOB !!!!!

CCIE next ???? :)

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I'm thinking CCIP before CCIE....just to get some additional education on QoS and BGP.

Congratulations, lerdalt!

I am pursuing the CCNP, but I have yet to pass any one of the four exams. :(

I am impressed you passed the ONT exam before the study guides for it came out....

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".
George Santayana

The study guides are out...just not from ciscopress. Have to get with an authorized training center.

Congrats Lerdalt! You made it in the end, despite the lousy CIT test! As soon as the ciscopress books are selling used, I'm going to buy myself a copy to read. I'm almost jealous I didn't go the ONT route like you - it's always better to learn what's on it's way in than what is on it's way out!

Definitely congratulations!

When you pass the last one it feels so good, doesn't it! :)

Graham M. CCNP

Lerdalt, congratulatoins! what kind of study material did you use for the ONT exam?

Well, I can't exactly tell you if the questions were the same as whats in testking or not. It's been long enough since I took it that I purged all those questions out of memory. (ok, I killed the brain cells celebrating.) Also I can't in good conscience recommend using it.

As for material, I've had a lot of hands on experience with QoS in the last few months with problems at work, as well as getting my hands on the student guide from an authorized partner.

I did use the Cisco CCNP prep center (
I had other recommendations of using the QoS book by Wendell Odem.

I didn't find the exam nearly as tough as the others, no sims, and a couple of testlets, but pretty basic stuff.

Congrats, you should consider the CCIE instead. Its pretty much in-line with the current CCNP track. There is rumors that the CCIE will be adding more security and MPLS, so now might be a good time to go for it.

I recently passed the CCIE exam and it feels real good. I am currently thinking about going after the Security CCIE next. but it feels good to have my life back.

Jeff
CCIE#17401

I have a couple of questions about CCNP. How much time do they allow between passing the first one and the last one, and, the three year expiring thing, it starts from the moment you pass the last one right?

fresh CCNA

I think your question is best answered by looking at the Certification Tracking system on Cisco's site:

When I passed my first test towards CCNP, it automatically adjusted the time that my CCNA would expire to three years from that date.

The way I look at it, your certfication is valid for 3 years after the last test you passed.

Not true for CCIE, but thats a different story altogether.

Does that answer the question?

it does answer one of my questions, thank you

fresh CCNA

Congrats...I will look into ONT stuff as well, helpdeskdan---I agree with what you say about wanting to know the new stuff too---the CIT exam was kinda screwy---I know most people I have talked to had the most trouble with that one---I don't know why, but I did the best on that one, but the worst on the BSCI---all that IS-IS and BGP crap! lol

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back