Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed Cisco CCNA with 924!! 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I took Cisco CCNA test yesterday & passed with a 924! I used Cramsessions ( & Troy Tech. ( The Troy tech was worth every penny! TIPS: Read questions very carefully, because you can't go back & change your answers like Microsoft tests. Brain-dump your memorized info on a piece of paper, in the testing room, BEFORE you start the test. This is a big help! Test was pretty straight-forward, no trick questions as with Microsoft. Got a few EXIBITS & 1 Drag & Drop. Had 3 subnetting questions. Know your router commands, encapsulation, how to get into & out of the different levels of config, router protocols & their types. If you study hard & know your stuff, you won't see too many suprizes. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Congrats!!!!!!

MikeS
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

good Job !!! Troy Technologies is a good study guide for the CCNA. I used it my self along with the Cisco press books. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

How is the troytec ccna 2.0 study guide helpful. Are the review questions exactly like the test questions?

chooterboy,

I took a look at a friend's copy of the troytec right after I took the exam. It was a very good study guide.

Where should I go to buy the test preparation questions for CCNA...

Looks like Troy Tec is not "Test Killers". Looks like they are rewriting their material also. I wonder if it's still any good? I was thinking of buying it, but now I am unsure.

Congrats!!

Now off to the ccnp while the info is still fresh.

I read the course material for my CCNP studies. cisco press books are generally well written and I would recommend them to anyone who is interrested in learning the material. the reality is that competency is more than just scoring well on a bunch of multiple choice questions.

take care...

I agree metro256

It better to learn the technology than just learning how to pass a test. The Cisco press CCNP Libary is great for learning the technology.

I am looking for some advice with regard to the CCNA 507 that I'm scheduled to take next Saturday. I took an instructor led course for 6 months and finished with all A's, but when taking the practice tests I've found on-line, I'm consistently scoring 75%-80%. Are there some areas I need to focus on more than others, and can anyone recommend any good sites for decent practice testing questions?

Thanks!

Switching and subnets... I have found that the practice tests from Transcender are actually a bit harder then the real test so 80% on those is pretty good.

I have bought and used the practice questions from with good success. They are fairly priced and mostly correct. It's not a fancy test engine but questions and answers. Use a card to cover up the answer and then look once you've answered it.

MikeS
Find me at
"The trouble with giving up civil rights is that you never get them back"

I tooke the 640-507 after studying for a couple months, I went in there thinking I'd squeak by...sadly I did not, I got a 829/1000...1 question away from passing! So now I am preparing for the 607 because the 507 is gone (so frustrating) and digging around for types of router sim questions to bone up on so I can take the damn thing again later this month.

Dont ignore configuration registers like I did....theyll ask. I took the exam cram test sim, and the trancender and was getting 85%-95%, so I just stopped studying and rested....Mistake!

i've been in the cisco course for 1 1/2 semesters, and its pretty straight forward. but i have one question. what is the name of the router test? CCNA is for networking, but what about routers? i don't know much about them, but routers is my main area of focus and i'd appreciate anyone posting a good site to get some sims from.

Thanx

Passed last week 978/1000 used sybex, transcender and troytech for last minute cram. No trick questions just read them again before you press next, take your time. It isn`t enough to just know enough to pass the exam, you have to understand WHY that is the correct answer. Content for 607 is the same, just more sims. Can`t recommend Todd Lammle sybex highly enough. Will buy sybex for CCNP and 2 routers! Boson router sim is good, design your own network etc, lots of in-depth commands are missing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back