Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passed 642:801 BSCI!!! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microbyte

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
I like to thank everyone here who helped me whenever I had questions about the subject here in Tek-tip.
I passed with the score of 811 today, now I am facing the next obsticle BCMSN. But for now, it's party time!!!

Thanks again!

Congrats!!

Switching is a easier exam than BSCI, trust me :)

that is great relief on my part because BSCI was a pain.
by the way, is there any simulation question in BCMSN? how many?

Thanks Jsteve.
I am so glad I passed that exam because it inflicted quite of pain.

Congrats! That first test was the hardest in my opinion. I mean really...who uses OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, and everything else on a regular basis. Well, at least not all of them. It's all memorization. Ouch. But don't relax just yet. ;)

The switching test is a little better, but still makes you think. The thing I liked about it was that studying for that test made my daily life so much easier. It's full of useful information you can really use.

After the switching exam, you'll walk into your switch room, look at the racks and think "I own you!!!"

It's a good test.

thanks bierhunter!

practical application is always welcome. Yesterday, i had a interview with AT&T with for a position requiring CCNA certification. It was 3 to 1 interview, where one of them ask me about CCNP level questions such as BGP configurations as well as Access-list and Prefix commands. It's great thing I studied those subjects for the exam prior to the interview.
"It's like I own your questions!" lol. so I can relate to your "I own you!!!" comment. that's funny.

Anyway, the interview went fairly well, but I think they saw me with my split-second-stunned reaction when I heard the position was highly stress-prone and it's 2nd shift (yes, it's help desk).
I will have to see if I am congratulated or be sorry-ed next week.
Come to think about it, there are couple of good sides working on 2nd shift. No Traffic and Sleep Late. :)

And a job is a job!!

Okay, so I buy the three 25xx routers and a 19xx/29xx switch. I then need to direct my limited funds to the textbook to focus my studies.

Examcram 2?
Sybex?
CiscoPress?
Free stuff?
______?

What is the best (i.e., most complete and yet cheapest so my wife doesn't make me sleep in the garage) choice? I don't want any braindumps for obvious reasons.

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Cheapest route is RouterSim (CCNP Suite). Search ebay for a used copy for $200 bucks.

But i really recommed two 2500s and one 1900.ou can always sell it back on ebay when your done.

Jeff

CONGRATS!!

I also thought the switching exam was easier. BCRAN was painful...dont use it much at work.

thek25
CCNP, CISSP in progress...

Congrats!

I just passed the BCRAN, which I thought was more difficult than the BSCI. Don't know about the new switching exam, I took the old exam at the beginning of last year. In any case, got CIT in the next 3 weeks. Then on to CCDP...

Congrats on passing the exam.

I'm about to embark on the selfstudy journey for the BSCI with the study guides and the CCNP labs from Sybex.

Any suggestions as to what to focus on, or should I treat each topic equally?

BCRAN is harder than BSCI? Are you serious? How so? I really like to know, because I don't want to retake that BCRAN like I did for BSCI.
Thanks.

Microbyte
[medal][medal][medal][medal]

Without breaking the NDA, I will say that you will see some of the same simulations that you had on the BSCI, plus there's 30% more questions than on the BSCI, as BCRAN is no longer part of the composite exam.

Can all who've passed this exam help a poor soul out? I just failed this exam for the 3rd time yesterday. I think that I once again had problems with the NAT simulator question. When I tried to enter the following command: ip nat inside source static tcp, I got error saying that it wasn't supported in this version.

I was all set to use the following configuration to answer the question, but that error really threw me.

ip nat inside source list 7 interface serial 0 overload
ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.1 25 172.16.131.254 25

interface e 0
ip address 10.10.10.254 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside

interface s 0
ip address 172.16.131.254 255.255.255.0
ip nat outside

access-list 7 deny host 10.10.10.1
access-list 7 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255

What do people think? Am I on the wrong track or was there a problem with the simulator?

i think you should have used

ip nat inside source static 10.10.10.1 172.16.131.254

instead of

ip nat inside source list 7 interface serial 0 overload
ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.1 25 172.16.131.254 25

everything else looks good.

try out this site:

Hi there I recently wrote my bcran exam an very narrowly failed. I think that I may have had an issue with the nat simulation question, because my overload NAT did not display when I veiwed myconfig, and this was after saving it as well as my defined nat pool.

This is how I answered the question - does anyone know if there are ther any issues with doing it this way, and this is the way I understand Overload NAT?

access-list 1 permit 10.1.15.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat pool mypool 172.16.15.1 172.16.15.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside source list 1 pool mypool overload
ip nat inside source static 10.1.15.5 172.16.15.5

int e0
ip add 10.1.15.1 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside

int s0
ip add 172.16.15.1
ip nat outside

10.1.15.5 is my internal ipa address for my web server and;
172.16.15.5 is my external.

I wrote the bcran exam this past Monday and answered that question exactly the same way that you (MrNyce) did. I'm not sure if I got it right or not , though. I'm guessing I did - none of the sections on the score report were under 75% and usually if you miss a simulator it drops you to 50-60% for a particular section.

BSCI is the hardest, hands down. I thought switching was a cake walk, but I understand it's gotten harder since I took it. BCRAN was a pain, details details but nothing like BSCI.

Free IT practice exams:

all out of date? 640-60x series...?!?

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back