Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass4sure 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPR1

Technical User
May 11, 2007
Hello,
I'm pretty close to taking the CCNA cert and would like to test my knowledge with a realistic practice exam. Does anyone have info on the Pass4sure test engine? Does it carry the same reputation as test-king?

Thank you.

I don't know if I'd call the pass4sure a good realistic practice exam. What I saw, it's pretty limited, but the quality of the questions was good.

I do have some experience with some other test engines:
I used to like Selftest software for the Novell tests, but what I demoed for Cisco it wasn't that great.

Preplogic...REALLY dis-satisfied. Lots of errors in the questions, was excited there were sims, but they were soooooooo in consistent. The syntax of commands had to be exactly how they typed it in. Sometimes commmands were shorthand, some weren't.

Pass4sure is just like TK....a braindump. I have used Transcender ( for my MCSE and CCNA. Found them to be good with good explanations of the answers but pricey.

Jim W MCSE CCNA
Network Manager

Pass4Sure are screenshots of the actual tests---that's it. No explanation---as close to cheating as it gets (mostly cheating yourself, in my opinion).

Burt

Is it safe to say that Trancender is the closest practice exam to the real CCNA cert?

Thanks!

Hard to say they are the closest. When I took the exam last year I did the following; read the Cisco Press book by Wendell Odom, the Sybex book by Todd Lammle and Transcender for practice test questions. Using these three sources I was able to pass the exam on the first try.

Best of luck with your studies and exam.

Jim W MCSE CCNA
Network Manager

MPR1,

EXACTLY what jfwebber said - READ a good Cisco Press book
AND
READ the Sybex CCNA Study Guide and then do some practice questions like Transender - I think the Sybex book comes with a test question software also.

So many posts here are about practice test software - but after 7 years of teaching CCNA classes in a Cisco Network Academy - all the practice tests should be done after you have LEARNED the concepts!!

Take the practice tests and then go back to the books in the areas that it tells you that you need more work!

Do not try to learn CCNA by taking practice tests and reading the answers - you MUST learn the concepts first! Then use the practice exams as a tool to determine what concepts you need to understand better.

Just some thoughts - have seen many students try it many different ways and it almost always comes back to how jfwebber said he passed his CCNA :) :)

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

At $109.00 for the 30 day access for Trancender, it's almost better to pay the extra $16 and take the real cert exam.

I used routers and switches I got off of Ebay, Cisc Academy 1 year class (CCNA 1 through 4), Cisco Press books and how2pass.com

Burt

Burt,
How would you compare the difficulty level between how2pass and the actual ccna exam?

Thanks!!

About the same, but I did not try that until I had a firm grip on all the material. It is very good.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back