Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass Vendor Number thru Custom Office Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBPIT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
I am trying to create a link button on the AP Invoice Entry screen that will open the Vendor Inquiry screen and auto load the current vendor number.

The reason for this is we restrict access to the vendor masterfile, but still want users to be able to call up the inquiry screen.

We are currently on MAS200 v3.71

I found the following script that will open the Vendor Inquiry screen, but I am not able to get the vendor info passed properly. I am receiving a message stating "Invalid Division".

Dim x
Set x = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'Include the sever IP and port if running from mas 200 else
'the line can read ..."windx:////APWIAA...
x.Run "windx://ibpmas2/10000/APWIAA^Y"& ML_Vend & "^" & MAS_SCR_CMP

Can someone give me some guidance on how I can do this?

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? On the invoice data entry panel there is a button called "Vendor" that will pull up Vendor Inquiry.

That button opens Vendor Maintenance, which we have restricted. I just want Vendor Inquiry.

I did manage to get this working, thanks to a reply on the Sage forum for another issue I had posted.

I forgot to pass the ML_VENDOR variable to the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back