Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass-Thru Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbike

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
US
I have ICE.TCP. I setup pass-thru printing in my UNIX application. It worked once. Then I did some more fooling around and now it won't print pass-thru. The error I get is "Cannot Open Terminal Line - Pass-Thru cannot be done." When I test the printing from the system level it works fine. Whenever I am at the application level I get the error described above.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott in Charlotte, NC

When you do pass-thru printing, the Escape Sequences or Pass-Thru codes must be consistent. For example, if you originally had your Ice.TCP set up as a VT100 terminal and then changed to Wyse50, this could affect the codes being sent. I would check and see what codes are being sent by the app and make sure they jibe with your terminal setting in Ice.TCP.

Ted B

Your problem sounds like permissions to me.

Make sure your port device files have read write permissions.

Make sure the user has read access to the printer interface file and filter scripts that file calls.

Or the serial line has been held open. But it sounds more like the application is calling the wrong thing.
How do you define the printer in the program? And is it to a multiport card?

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back