Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass smalldatetime parameter to stored procedure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzippy

Programmer
Nov 19, 2002
GB
I have a From_Load event that sets the input parameters and recordsource for a subform.
If I only have the @SEARCH parameter (varchar(50)) in the stored procedure and only pass this parameter it works fine, however if I try to pass the @CREATE_DATE parameter(smalldatetime) I get the following error:-

2757:- There was a problem accessing a property or method of the OLE object.

If I open the stored procedure using ADO Open command and pass parameters this works fine too so I know that the stored procedure works fine.

Below is my Form_Load event

Private Sub Form_Load()
On Error GoTo Error_Handler

'// Set the Input Parameters, set the Subforms recordsource to the stored procedure
With Me.fsubBatch_Track_List.Form
.InputParameters = "@CREATE_DATE = " & gstr_BT_Date & ", @SEARCH = '" & gstr_BT_String & "'"
.RecordSource = "zp_Batch_Track_List"
End With

Exit_Error_Handler:
Exit Sub

Error_Handler:
StdErrMsg
Resume Exit_Error_Handler

End Sub

Sorted it, forgot to stick quotes around the variable that holds the @CREATE_DATE parameter, also found that identifying the type of variable being passed helps!!

.InputParameters = "@CREATE_DATE smalldatetime = '" & gstr_BT_Date & "', @SEARCH varchar = '" & gstr_BT_String & "'"

Cheers gazzippy, I just spent hours wrestling with this, had forgotten to put in the datatype in the .InputParameters string and was getting that generic OLE error. Pity we can't get a meaningful error from Access 2000 for ADO errors. They've fixed it in Access 2002. Let's all pay more monay and upgrade to working software...NOT!

Dave Mc Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back