Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pass parameters to sub report which calls stored procedure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariam

Programmer
Nov 20, 2000
US
I have a VB program (v6) that calls a CR (v6) with 2 parameters. I want to pass these parameters to a subreport which calls a stored procedure with these 2 parameters. The only way I get the subreport to give the right info is by hardcoding the parameters in the "database/Stored Procedure Input Parameters" area. I need it to use the parms passed by VB. Thanks a lot for any help.

Can any of the parameters get to the database? In other words, if you called a report that wasn't a sub report and that report called a stored proc, would the parameter work? If not, there may be an issue on the database end. Some databases need to be tweaked in order to pass parameters from crystal to stored procs.

If the direct paramter pass works, that would point to a problem in the Crystal link, much tougher.

K

The stored procedure with passed parameters does work on its own and if I run the stored proc from Crystal with hard coded parameter values. I guess it's the tougher problem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back