Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass clientname to Citrix server (using WI)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2001
IE
Hi folks, one for the many Guru's:)
We are currently in the testing phase of deploying iSoft's "iPIMS" (Patient Information Management System) to users via MFXPFR3. {if anyone's familiar with this app all the better!}

Now our (well, mine apparently) problem:
The iPIMS app requires authentication of connecting clients by having their "Machine Name" registered within the App. OK, so far so good/simple. The problem is that we no longer offer connection to sessions via full ICA clients, & as a result don't have the facility of having the ICA client passing the "Client Name" up to the Citrix server.
So....is there any means by which that users who connect via WI, can have their "Machine Name" passed up to the server as opposed to the generic "DomainName-UserName" that *does* get registered/passed up?

It's going to be enough work identifying all *possible* connecting clients. I'm *told* there is no means by which to register a *wildcard* "Machine Name" that would allow authentication for all possible client machines.....am not impressed (though can't argue with the logic I guess).

Any help....DEEPLY appreciated, I could even be missing something obvious within the WebInterface functionality....if so *please* tell me :)

Rgds,
Peter Mannion
(non-certified) Citrix Guy (stressed out Citrix guy about to go on a months leave with task of sorting this pretty big issue out before running out the door!)
Health Service Executive-North Western Area
Ireland.

You can configure NFuse NOT to put the Domain onto the client name but I don't know where to configure it!

I'm sure Scott will be along soon to tell you how to do it :)

Carl.

Cheers Ogi, but believe it or not the vendor's SW techy guy came back to me with the solution (yes, the vendor....my estimation of the said vendor just went through the roof!):
With NFUSE (WebInterface) If you look in "C:\program files\citrix\NFUSE\template.ICA" file (On WebServer)you will find a line
"ClientName=[NFUSE_ClientName]"

If you change to

"ClientName="

It will present the machine name and not the domain login name.

Ahh, time for a pint of the black stuff & a ciggy (outside of course!) ;-)

Petes (the de-stressed one!) :)

At least I was correct, just didn't know how to do it ;-)

I don't work with Citrix any more, just look through some of the posts to see if I can help!

Although I will be implementing TS in a couple of months for our Remote Workers.

Carl.

For apps that require machine names for locks you can configer TS to return the username instead.

Where your server may be called CTX1 and have 20 clients all using the app, for some older apps not designed with TS in mind, you cant have multiple locks with same machine name. Microsoft came up with a workaround of getting the TS server to return username instead.

The Key you ask?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\ Applications\appname

DOS application 0x00000001
OS/2 application 0x00000002
16-bit application for Windows 0x00000004
32-bit application for Windows 0x00000008
16 or 32-bit application for Windows 0x0000000c

Suggest you read the following for full details:
Regards ACO

Cheers Ogi & ACO, all info more than welcome. Still on the *steep* Citrix/TS learning curve ;-)

Rgds,
Peter Mannion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back