Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pass a recordset into an 8.5 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

scc

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
US
I have created a report in Crystal 8.5 using OLE DB to point to a SQL stored procedure with 4 parameters.

Now I need to know how to pass a recordset into Crystal to populate the report from VB 6 using the OCX control. Unfortunately I have no choice but to use the OCX control, and I can't use the adodc data control to open a recordset and then pass it to Crystal.

Can someone please post a snippet of code on how to do this using a stored procedure that requires 4 parameters? (I can pass the param values to variable names if that helps).

Thanks!

If they're Crystal parameters and not SQL parameters, check out the Vb section on there is a series on passing Parameters to crystal from vb6 using the OCX.
- Pete

I have no choice in the matter.

Our company uses 8.5 and the ocx. That's it!

Our network team has created a standard set of controls they put on a user's machine, and we are not allowed to add any new controls. I know that's a bummer, but that's the environment I have to program in. And it today's economy, one is fortunate to have a job.

So if anyone has a snippet of code they'd be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime I will checkout the learncrystal.net site.

I did check out the learncrystal.net site.

This really didn't help me.

What I want to do is open a recordset using a SQL Server stored procedure with parameters and then pass that recordset to the Crystal ocx in VB6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back