Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Party line between single line and multi line sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbasaur

Technical User
Aug 13, 2012
US
Hey all, I have always noticed this issue from when I first started telephone in my organization. When I program an extension of an anaolg phone on to a multi line phone (550 set) to an (m2616 set) the conversation of the 500 set can be heard if you select the DN of the 500 set on the multi line phone and pick up the receiver. Is this another one of those "Nortel Engineering flaws?" Is there a way to correct this besides upgrading the 500 set to a multi line set as well?

Thanks to all for your replies,

Herbasaur

Yea, that's just the way it is. You lose your 'privacy' when you add a 500 set into the picture...

You CAN maintain privacy with a combination of analog and digital/IP sets. You need to first program the 500 set with CLS MCRA (Multiple Call Arrangement Allowed). Once you have done that, you can add the DN to a digital/IP set as a MCR/MCN key.

This functionality was introduced in X11 Rls 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back