Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts on service calls without inventory depletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsattfx

Technical User
Sep 4, 2003
US
My company is looking to start not inventorying low cost parts. Our business uses a lot of o-rings, and inexpensive belts. The goal is to save thousands of dollars by not taking the time to count these items every inventory. My question is, is there a way to set up an item in G.P. so that it does not deplete, or look for a QTY on hand, when a tech uses a part on a service call? The reason we would still like to put these on a call is to track usage and verify techs are doing PM's correctly. I have looked breifly at item classes and the item cards and can find nothing. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

This can be done by setting up an item in inventory using the Services use type. These parts must be entered into the Additional Charges area of the service call. No inventory adjustments are made and no cost information will be retained on the call or the SOP Invoice.

You may need to create new items for these parts. G.P. will not allow you to change the use type with open transactions. If all transactions are posted and completed you may be able to change use type, I cannot remember if this will work.

Good Luck
Scott S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back